I had the unfortunate task of sitting in a confirmed spaces with my darling brothers for a 5 hour journey last week. It was an experience. It's been a few years since I was put through that kind of torture.
I see my brothers fairly regularly but usually with their partners and children in tow and not for any significant amount of time, an hour or so is more than enough!
Men are without a doubt completely different when in the company of their better half's and their off spring. They're on their best behaviour.
Here is some of my realisations about the male species:
* The relentless Clash of Clan talk - if you don't know what this is then your very lucky, I wish I didn't.
* They can eat 3 burgers at BK, 2 packets of crisps and 2 jumbo snickers - guilt free :( All between lunch an dinner.
* They stress relentlessly about anything an everything, how far we're going, how far we have left to go, the speed we're going, the temperature... and so on.
* They criticize every other driver on the road, whether it be that they're driving too slow, too fast, too erratically or to normally. Even the one brother who cant drive had his fair share of opinions.
* When discussing a subject they know nothing about, they will make it up and suddenly become experts. They are pro's in winging it and talking utter BS.
* When talking to them, you know you'll have to repeat yourself in 10 minutes as they didn't take it in the first time. They will then without a doubt ask you the same thing again and probably again.
* If you're uncomfortable, hot or hungry your moaning, if they are its the end of the world.
* They think they can do any accent and your meant to be able to recognise which one it is straight away, even though they all sound the same!
* Football talk, suddenly they take on a serious tone and get all politically correct. Don't get me wrong I'm a lover of football and a big supporter of Chelsea, but its still only a game. Its not life or death and I cant recite all the players, goals or games ever played! who has time for all that, oh yea men do.
* Staying up late the night before the long journey back, playing drinking games and doing shots is just funny antics but if I did it I would be irresponsible. And in no way will they admit to suffering from hangovers. Men don't get hangovers, apparently.
Please share any other realisations you may have about the male species below, I would love to hear them.
Linked up to: